OFFICIAL LIST of the Most Popular ITEMS REQUESTED BY OUR TROOPS
Please contact your Nearest Branch
to coordinate donations drives, drop-off dates or other shipping arrangements. LARGE shipments or pallets of items need to be scheduled ahead of time.
This list is designed specifically for troops registered with our organization and may not be copied or distributed without our permission.
Note: Below are the items we currently need.
OUR MISSION IS TO SEND CARE PACKAGES TO DEPLOYED TROOPS. THAT’S OUR FOCUS. When you give us qualified items for our troops, rest assured we will see that your contribution WILL benefit ONLY deployed troops. We do NOT deviate from that policy. Qualified items are listed below.
Give2TheTroops will NOT sell or use your gifts. Rather, we act as your agent to ensure that your gifts get to those YOU want to help – our troops in combat and disaster-relief areas.
Due to our Policies and Regulations, we CANNOT ACCEPT these items:
GLASS BOTTLES or GLASS JARS
AEROSOL CANS, AEROSOL SPRAYS or any PRESSURIZED CANNISTERS
CANDLES, LIGHTERS, MATCHES or LIGHTER FLUID
HOTEL pr AIRLINE SAMPLES
VHS TAPES, CASSETTE TAPES
CONTRABAND ITEMS (live plants, tobacco, alcohol, knives, nudity, etc.)
BOOKS or MUSIC CDS (iTunes® is commonly used now)
PRESCRIPTIONS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING THOSE FOR CANINES)
USED OR STAINED CLOTHING, LINENS, TOILETRIES, ETC.
For security and sanitary reasons, please leave all items in their original packages.
When purchasing items, please choose the latest expiration date possible.
Thank you for your cooperation and support!
As of June, 2013, the MOST NEEDED & REQUESTED items are listed below:
ITEMS in PURPLE are the MOST POPULAR REQUESTS!
FOOD, SNACKS AND DRINKS: (Please – no expired or canned food)
- PROTEIN POWDER & PROTEIN BARS (Top request!)
- K-CUPS for KEURIG MACHINES (coffee, tea, hot cocoa)
- POWDER DRINK MIX (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, Crystal Light)
- TUNA & CHICKEN SALAD (in foil pouches, or ready-to-eat kits (no cans)
- BEEF JERKY / SLIM JIMS
- SUNFLOWER SEEDS & PUMPKIN SEEDS
- CHOCOLATE PRODUCTS – Accepted only OCT. through FEB
(it will melt in high temperatures!)
- Hard Pretzels / Cheetos / Fritos / Chex Mix / Wheat Thins / Ritz Crackers
- Granola Bars / Power Bars / Cereal Bars / Cliff Bars
- Fig Newtons, Oreos, Cheese & Crackers – Small Packs
- Trail Mix, Dried Fruit, Granola, Fruit Roll-Ups / Fruit By The Foot / Fruit Gummies
- NUTS: Peanuts, Mixed Nuts (salted preferred)
- MICROWAVE FOOD (Chef-Boy-R-Dee, stews, etc.)
- COOKIES / Girl Scout Cookies (with chocolate: Oct. – Febrauary only!)
- Rice Krispie Treats (Store-bought only)
- Little Debbies & Hostess cake products
- Cereal (Small, individual boxes)
- Condiments, Spices; Sugar; Salad Dressing (no glass jars)
- Caffeinated energy gum or candy (to stay alert)
TOILETRIES: NO HOTEL SAMPLES!
(Note: Some troops have allergies & need Brand Name toiletries which list all ingredients. The military issues and/or sells toiletries to our troops, however troops often miss their favorite brand of shampoo or soap. Our goal is to send troops reminders of home & items they miss … not free samples.)
- Lip Balm / Chap Stick / Carmex / Blistex
- Body Wash, Liquid Soap, Facial Cleanser
- Hair Gel (for female troops to pull hair back)
- Combs / Brushes / Bobby Pins (in original packaging, please)
- Deodorant (travel size)
- Shaving Cream in Tubes / Shaving Soap (No CANS of Shaving Cream!)
- Hand & Body Lotion / Moisturizer (travel size)
- Sunblock, SPF 45, Zinc, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Gel
- Bug Spray / DEET / Skin-So-Soft
- Mouthwash (travel size)
- Breath Mints / Breath Strips
- Lozenges / Cough Drops
- Loufa Sponges / Buff Puffs
- Nail files / Emery Boards / Nail Clippers
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Moleskin & Shoe Insole Cushions (gel kind is best)
- Tylenol, Motrin, Advil or Aspirin Packets (Please check expiration dates)
- Eye Drops (i.e. Visine)
- Nasal Spray
- Vitamins (These are always needed. Please check expiration dates)
ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS:
- iTunes® Gift Cards (Top request!)
- DVD Movies (new or used – recent releases only, please!)
- Xbox Games, PSP, PS2 & PS3 Games (new or used)
- Board Games (Top request!)
- Computer Flash Drives & Thumb Drives
- Portable CD players / head phones
- Electronic handheld games
- Small homemade gifts – reminders & comforts of “home”
- Small photographs or posters of scenery for their tents & walls
- Double-sided tape, small crafts kits, scrap-booking items
- Day planners / Small, Pocket Calendars sent in Dec. & Jan.
- Game Books: (Crossword Puzzles / Word Search Books / Math Puzzle books / MAD LIBS / Logic Problems / Sudoku)
- Yo-Yo’s, Dominoes, Poker Chips & Mats, Dice
- Board games (UNO, Othello, Checkers – travel size is great, too!)
- Dart Boards (regular or magnetic – any size)
- Nerf Footballs / Whiffle bats, balls & Mitts / Sports equipment
- Frisbees / Hackey sacks
- Gift Cards to send home to loved ones (for Restaurants, Supermarkets)
- Keurig Coffee Makers & “K-Cups” (to be shared)
- LINENS: Pillow cases, twin sheets, towels & washcloths (green & tan}
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT/ FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS: (Click HERE for types)
- FLASHLIGHTS – SMALL (battery operated. Surefire Brand preferred)
- AIR FRESHENERS (standalone-not plug-in. Car types are also good)
- Holiday and Seasonal Decorations – see our PROGRAMS PAGE for details
- Fleece Blankets (Yes, it gets very cold in the winter over there!!)
- Disposable Hand warmers and Foot warmers (in the wintertime)
- Winter Hats (Yes, it snows in the winter over there! Hand knitted hats in black, tan or green are always welcome!)
- PHONE CARDS – Pre-Paid (Click HERE for Where to Buy and Types of Phone Cards to Buy from Third-Party Vendors)
- Small toys (Beanie babies) & school supplies for foreign children
- Patriotic knick-knacks, USA flags, flags from your state, bandanas, baseball hats, football jerseys, banners to tack on their walls or tents.
- TOOLS (including staple guns), paint brushes, adhesive wall hooks, wall screws, small tool kits, rubber gloves, sponges, unused rags, etc
- Dust masks, carpentry tools, Fly swatters, fly paper, mosquito netting, bug repellent in plastic pump bottles only – NO AEROSOL or PRESSURIZED CANS.
- Gun cleaning supplies (lube) such as Militec-1 & CLP
- Alarm Clocks (Small in size; wind-up or battery-operated)
- Small, portable heaters & fans (110 voltage okay)
- Water Bottles, Travel Mugs & Thermoses with Lids (for Coffee, Soup, etc)
- Coffee Makers & Filters (110 voltage okay)
- Coffee Bean Grinders – small (electric or battery-operated)
- Microwave Ovens (55 pounds max; 110 voltage okay)
- Hot Pots – Small
- Elixir & Water Purification Tablets for Camelbaks
- Combat Application Tourniquets (black only)
- Religious booklets, small bibles, inspirational readings(recent, please)
- Musical Instruments requested (please contact us before sending)
- T-SHIRTS: Cotton green & tan under shirts – new (Sizes: M, L & XL)
[Note: The DOD banned “Under-Armor” shirts due to its material being potentially flammable & bad reactions to open wounds.]
- SOCKS: Black, Olive Green & White (cotton or wool)
- K-9 items:
Dog chew sticks,, toys, shampoo, flea collars, harnesses, etc.
(Note: CLICK HERE to see our restrictions and guidelines if you wish to donate items to the dogs. Thank you.)
- CARDS & LETTERS: The troops love to hear from all of us and Mail brightens their days! These are the MOST IMPORTANT items we can send the troops & we can never have too many, so please keep writing! consider making a patriotic banner or poster to send inside one of our care packages!
Note: Our troops do not need stamps as they’re in war zones & may send mail home to their loved ones at no charge, but our branches can always use stamps to mail correspondence.
Marine LCpl. Jon Michael Turne
r thanks us for the Xbox system
& games we sent. (Fallujah, Iraq)
Iraqi children thank us for the gifts
we sent them.
Sgt. Michael Loston gives an Iraqi
girl donated supplies at a school in
Photo Courtesy of U.S. Army
Army soldiers in Afghanistan going
through one of the boxes we sent.
Marines in Fallujah, Iraq thank us
for their care packages.
Soldiers in Iraq thank us for their
Soldiers thank us for their treats.
A Marine in Iraq with one of our
SSgt. Paul Barentine and “Kisma”
thank us for the human & canine gifts.
Two G2TT recipients! Our K-9’s
appreciate the support as do their
Pennsylvania donors from St. Andrews Church Host A “Block Party” Fundraiser For Give2TheTroops!
PLEASE HELP We need donations to send our care packages. Our funds are low and we have more than 60,000 troops waiting for our help. The packages are ready to ship, we need your financial support to ship them.
Pasted from <http://www.give2thetroops.org/items.htm>